1. Sign into MyGov
2. Call the ATO on 13 28 61 and press 5 at the prompt to get your unique linking code to verify your account. Make sure you write this code down as you will need it in a few minutes. Each unique code will expire after 24 hours.
3. From the home screen click on the Link your services button. OR click on the services button on the top of the top bar.
4. Select the service you want to link. In this case it should be the Australian Tax Office
5. Select the ‘I have a linking code’ option and follow the instructions as prompted.
6. You will now be able to lodge your tax return through MyGov. To do this, click on Tax, then select Income tax, then click the lodge myTax button.
7. You will be asked to confirm your contact details.
8. Then you will be taken to the next page to add in any baking/investment details that have not already been auto-filled.
9. On the page after that you will be asked to fill in any additional tax return information, liked any deductions you may have.
10. The final page you will be asked to confirm all the details you are submitting are correct and to lodge your return. Watch the video to learn how myTax will save you time: